While reading my usual gaming blogs and sites the one thing I always notice is the "sudden" ancment that some 3rd party game has just been ported over to anther console. The latest one is Tales of Vesparia. I mean ya final fantasy 13 being ported over to the 360 was a surprise but that to me was a sign that the 3rd party exuslves are a dying breed. I just can't see with the development cost it take to make game for software company being so selective with there products.
So I now going to segway into my point I don't think 3rd party exlusive matter in this and futer console generations. Its going to be the first party's that going to matter. Nintendo has master the art of first party devlument. They now construct consoles to there need thus they now have the biggist hit since the nes the wii.
But were does this leave Microsoft and Sony you say? If there going to cater to the hardcore gamer there going to need to develop core 1st party franchises. Each have a few but only Microsoft in my oppion has one that actually sales consoles, Halo. I know people say Sony has God Of War but I am of the oppion when it comes to retail Master Chief Slays Kratos.
Though I have highlighted the both consoles Strongest first party franchise but they need to develop a more divers catalog of games to have any hope of overtaking Nintendo next-gen. Both company's are having some success developing franchise.
Microsoft is experimenting with Halo gameplay and until I see some sales figures the judge is still out. The Gears of War seem destined to be Microsoft second pillar sires though I still doubt it gears can move cosules.
Sony has like I stated above God of War and I still I have trouble getting behind it being one Sony flagship titles. Personally think the title of flagship should go to Ratchet and Clank. Its the closest thing to a mascot that Sony has. Personally I only played two, I was always more of a Jak and Daxter guy myself.
So this post has gone on far enough and I'm just going to sum it up. 3rd party exclusive don't matter, 1st party does.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment